At Sophia P. Kingston Elementary School, we believe:
1. A quality education includes teaching children how to learn and how to critically apply learning to daily life.
2. All children can learn, and should be given the opportunity to develop to their fullest potential, intellectually, socially, and emotionally.
3. Explicit instructional practices are inclusive of learning activities for diverse learners.
4. Students learn best when exposed to engaging, creative and innovative learning opportunities.
5. Student self-esteem is enhanced by positive relationships and mutual respect for self and others.
6. Students should be held accountable for their making good choices and being responsible for their academics and behavior.
7. A safe, attractive, and physically comfortable environment promotes student learning.
8. Professional growth of educators is an ongoing process that is vital to providing a quality education.
9. Parental and community involvement and support are essential in fostering academics and attendance.
10. School is a professional learning community that holds each student to high academic and behavior standards.